Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another year has gone by and it has been a crazy one for our family. Our family was blessed with a baby boy. It took us nine months to come up with his name. Cole and I could not agree on what to name our future little boy. In the hospital we finally decided to name him Nathan Andrew. We named him Nathan after Cole's cousin, and Andrew after my grandfather and my little brother's middle name. I thought Andrew was fitting for him being that my brother is the youngest and only boy and so is my son. I only hope that Nathan has the same quality's of the people he was named after. He grew way to fast, and I can barley remember what he was like just a few months ago. He is busy! I have never had a baby so interested in everything happening around him. He can not sit still for two seconds. I guess that is what it is like to have a boy.

Kayla started kindergarten this year. I have been blessed to work at a good school district that Kayla is able to go to work with me each day. It is so fun to work at the very school she attends. I personally know the teachers, I can stop by and volunteer on lunch breaks, and I have can see her progress first hand, while she gets to go to an outstanding school. Kayla has two best friends, Tatum and Gabriel. It is fun to watch her with her buddies on the playground. Kayla is taking tap/ballet class with my best friends daughter Keia. Kayla is hooked, and looks forward to each class. She loves the ballet, and complains about the tap. She is a girl after my own heart. For Christmas she told Santa all she wants is things for her American Girl Julie Albrite.


Tori is now going to school with Tucker. It took some work and a few visits to the school, but we have worked it out. She is in regular education for 40% of her day. This was no small feat, and has taken Tori 9 years to be able to do. I have been told that the third graders love having both her and Tucker in the classroom. Tori has overcome another hurdle that I thought would never happen. She has learned how to Read. It will be a while before we are reading Charles Dickens, but it is a huge step for Tori, and we are so proud oh her. For Christmas she want one front tooth.


Cole and I have had a difficult year of our own, Cole had a torn nerve in his arm that left him in pain, and out of work for three months until the doctor finally decided to do surgery. He will finally be able to go back to work after the Holidays with physical therapy 3 times a week. We would have not survived without family, friends and church. To those of you that have helped financially, emotionally, and physically, Thank You! We would not have made it through this difficult time without you.


We look forward to a new year and a new start, and hopefully less Drama, but let's see what happens, you never know with our family.


Merry Christmas



1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas!!!! Hoping the new year brings you all much happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete